Alpha Antivirus is a misleading anti-virus program that deliberately displays fake security alerts and reports false system security threats to trick you into thinking your computer is infected with spyware, adware, Trojans or other malicious software.
Alpha Antivirus is the fake anti-spyware program which is nothing more than the waste of your money. As most of the similar programs, Alpha Antivirus pretends to scan your computer, starts displaying simulated alerts on the viruses on your machine, and urges Internet users to purchase the full version of the application. Usually, it is installed on your computer without even noticing that after you enter some site, or diagnose problems on your computer with a free online scanner.
Infection of Alpha Antivirus was commonly acquired by visiting a malicious website that can automatically download and execute a copy of this rogue program on visitors computer. It was usually accompanied with a Trojan that has a role of keeping the program intact and avoid removal. This Trojan has a tendency to end security-related process belonging to antivirus program installed that will cause Alpha Antivirus to be setup on computers secretly.
In addition, the rogue has one more dangerous feature. It is the tool to steal your passwords, so beware. We advise to be extremely careful with this application, and never install Alpha Antivirus on your personal computer.
- %User Profile%\Local Settings\Temp
- %Program Files%\Alpha Antivirus
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Alpha Antivirus
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\Alpha Antivirus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Alpha Antivirus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Alpha Antivirus
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Alpha Antivirus
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alpha Antivirus