The Norton Bootable Recovery Tool helps fix your PC problems, like when spyware embeds itself so deeply into your PC’s operating system that it takes a special tool to remove it.
Norton Bootable Recovery Tool does two things :
- It helps you create a Customized Rescue Boot Disc (CD/DVD/USB) before your system becomes infected.
- In the event of an emergency situation where your PC has become so infected that it won’t boot up, it will help restore your PC to normal working order.
Norton Bootable Recovery Tool lets you run a full system scan and find out if your computer is infected with viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, hacking tools, or other security threats. If your computer is infected, you can remove the security threat and recover your computer by using Norton Bootable Recovery Tool. You can create Norton Bootable Recovery Tool on a CD, DVD, or USB key.
- Download Norton Bootable Recovery Tool from the Symantec Website.
- A dialog will appear, click on the "Save File"
- Select the location where you want to save the file, and click "save".
- Go to the location you saved the file and run the file you downloaded
- You may get a prompt asking you to confirm that you want to run the file. Please confirm and continue with the download process.
- Once the download completes, the wizard will start automatically. Follow the instructions to create your Norton Bootable recovery Tool.
- Hold onto the device for use later if you encounter a situation where your system cannot boot or you cannot install or start your Norton Product.
- If you encounter an emergency situation, just insert your personalized bootable media device into your computer. The Bootable media device will help boot your PC in a safe environment and then start cleaning up your infected system, eventually returning your PC to health quickly.
- Microsoft Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or 3, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
- Your computer must support USB booting for the Norton Bootable Recovery Tool to run on a USB device.