avast! Bootable Antivirus & Recovery Tools CD -BART CD- is a fully featured antiviral solution for Microsoft Windows Operating Systems.
This is a bootable CD that gives you the ability to search, detect and clean virus threats in any computer and any Windows-supported file system including NTFS, SCSI and RAID. In general BART CD is able to work on all kind of devices that support Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
When running the program a simple shell presents all available programs so you can start the program easily; the applications state, license information and much more are displayed in this window.
Among avast! BART CD Manager multiple features you can find:
- avast! Antivirus which is a high performance award winning antivirus that can detect 100% of In-The-Wild viruses, worms and Trojan horses.
- It also has a fresh new user interface including a wizard that makes it easy for you to go through variable configurations.
- It supports many archive formats as well as UNICODE file names.
- Regarding healing, while removing most common infections it will perform a direct removal of macro viruses in documents and it will also include the healing of malicious registry entries, as well as many other healing actions.
- Update for avast! antivirus is an easy and fast task since it will only make incremental updates resulting in minimal transference of data. Update includes virus database and the BART CD itself; that process is being made by a Windows app (builder) running on user´s PC which produces an ISO image that you can burn with any CD burning application.
- Registry Cleaner is a versatile tool which has a lot of configuration options, enabling you to carry out many tasks like finding and fixing problems in Windows registry entries, it also has a recovery option.
- Junk File Remover helps you to search, find and erase unnecessary files which pack your hard disks.
- Disk Checker enables you to scan, find and fix disk errors. It can make a surface scan on both, hard and removable drives.
- Servant Salamander is a powerful and popular file manager capable to perform basic action in conjunction with more advanced options such as criteria filtered search.
- Data Shredder deletes files making it impossible to recover any data.
- Command-line Interpreter is an interface fully compatible with cmd.exe which is capable of batch files processing and it is useful when you have to go deeper into the operation system
- Registry Editor that is to make Windows registry edition a simple task with full backup support and limitless capability to modify the registry.
- Text Editor is a Note-pad-like text editor to view avast! generated report files .
- Event Viewer which is a very useful utility to browse event logs.
- Services/Drivers to manage services and drivers and their configuration.