Nortel Antivirus is a misleading security application that displays false scan results, fake security alerts and reports non-existing system security threats on your computer. Do not confuse this rogue program with Norton Antivirus which is well know and reliable anti-virus software.
Nortel Antivirus is a rogue anti-spyware which urgently seeks to steal the money from unaware computer users. Posing to scan the computer for parasites and claiming to detect numbers of them, this fake security application prompts the user to the website where online payment for downloading the “full” Nortel Antivirus version is required. All these misleading actions are repeated every time PC users start browsing the Internet so the only way to get rid of Nortel Antivirus bothering ads is to remove this rogue and all the related files as soon as possible.
Nortel Antivirus has the same user interference of Norton Antivirus and that makes this spyware more serious. Nortel Antivirus travels from computer to computer with a help of Trojans so there is no permission asked when this rogue anti-spyware is installed. Right after settling down, Nortel Antivirus creates files with imaginary names which later will be reported as the infections. Do not try to remove these files! Contrary, get rid of Nortel Antivirus before it makes much more harm for your PC.
Nortel Antivirus Facts:
- Nortel Antivirus pretends to increase security of your PC.
- Nortel Antivirus free version will show popups, alerts and fake results to convince you to pay.
- Nortel Antivirus might be used to download and advertise other malicious software.
- Nortel Antivirus might disable some of your PCs or its programs functions
Kill malicious Processes from Task Manager:
Registry Entries to be removed. (Take a backup of registry, before editing it)
- HKEY-CURRENT-USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"[RANDOM NAME]" = "C:\ProgramData\nol\mrgdll.exe"
- HKEY-CURRENT-USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\"[RANDOM NAME]" = "C:\ProgramData\nol\wox.exe"
- %programfiles\Nortel Antivirus\wox.exe
- %programfiles\Nortel Antivirus\mrgdll.exe
- %programfiles\Nortel Antivirus\defext.dll
- %programfiles\Nortel Antivirus\defhook.dll
- %programfiles\Nortel Antivirus\defcnt.exe
Although it is possible to manually remove Nortel Antivirus, such activity can permanently damage your system if any mistakes are made in the process, as advanced spyware parasites are able to automatically repair themselves if not completely removed. Thus, manual spyware removal is recommended for experienced users only, such as IT specialists or highly qualified system administrators. For other users, we recommend malware and spyware removal applications.